A limited number of travel grants ($450 (USD) for four students) are available for students attending the conference to present a paper or a demo. Two awards will be sponsored by the IEEE COMSOC and the rest by our generous sponsors.
The grant decision will be made based on merit, awarded to high quality papers and demos from among the pool of applicants according to the following and IEEE COMSOC policies.
To qualify for the grant, the applicant must:
- be a full-time student registered toward a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in engineering or a related field in a college or university when submitting the application,
- have an accepted paper in the main conference or a demo during the demo session,
- attend the conference with student/full registration,
- be a student member of ComSoc when submitting the application (only applicable for the COMSOC awardee candidates),
- not receive more than one Student Travel Grant in any 12-month period.
More information about the IEEE COMSOC student travel grants can be found at: http://www.comsoc.org/about/memberprograms/travelgrants.
If you are the eligible author of an accepted paper, please send the TPC chairs via email(email@example.com) the following in a zip file to apply for the STG by October 7, 2019; please include “NFV-SDN’19 STG-Application” in the subject line of your email.
- CV/Resume (it should include your student status)
- A Signed reference letter from your advisor (it should at least verify your student status, e.g., the degree you are seeking, what year you are, etc.)
- Your statement explaining the need for the STG and your written affirmation that you did not receive more than one STG in any 12-month period from IEEE COMSOC
- Proof of your IEEE and COMSOC society memberships as a student (only applicable for the COMSOC awardee candidates),
- Proof that you will attend the conference (registration, travel arrangements) to present your paper
- Choice to be considered for the award by the COMSOC, sponsors, or both. If COMSOC is not desired, then IEEE membership is not required.
If you are the eligible author of an accepted demo paper, please send the same information to the demo chairs.
The travel grant award decisions will be announced to the students during the conference in Dallas, TX, USA.